top of page


Our Italian Mill

Not all yarn is created equal. To that end we source our yarn from a mill in Italy prized as a manufacturer of fine woollen yarns used in high-end knitwear. All of their cashmere is directly sourced from Inner Mongolia, home of the world’s finest cashmere. Other wool types, such as merino are sourced from the best selections available in the Australian market. Our mill has been certified for their quality, ethical and environmental practice.


A note about merino supply: Merino wool makes up only 3% of New Zealand’s total wool production, the other 97% is non-merino wool, the majority of which is used in carpet production. Of the merino produced much is committed to contracts with large companies and the remainder is sent overseas (to Italy or China) to be blended, dyed and spun before being returned as yarn for manufacture. Nowadays there are no commercial manufacturers of fine woollen or blended yarns in New Zealand that I am aware of.


Made in New Zealand

All of our products are designed and manufactured right here in New Zealand. We are proud to support the New Zealander economy by employing the services of New Zealand manufacturers, transportation & shipping agencies, packaging companies, photographers and models, website and graphic designers, printing companies and many more.

bottom of page